Celtic Frost - Danse macabre LP BOX
It almost seems churlish to regard Celtic Frost as one of the great extreme metal bands, because they were so much more than that. It’s better to hail them as among the finest extreme and experimental bands of the 1980s. Refusing ever to do what was expected or demanded, the band constantly changed musical direction, always brought in surprising influences, and kept people guessing as to where they might venture next. Their catalogue of albums is formidable and unmatched. Each is not only unique, but part of an entire tapestry that only now can be appreciated for being a remarkable part of music history. Despite, or maybe because of, constant turmoil on so many fronts, Celtic Frost achieved an artistic level few others would even have dared to dream of aspiring towards. They climbed high because they were never afraid to fall. Which is why the band are now rightly regarded as icons, and iconoclasts.
This box set includes :
• Morbid Tales (1LP red & black galaxy vinyl)
• To Mega Therion (1LP gatefold Silver & black swirl vinyl)
• Into The Pandemonium (1LP gatefold on orange and beige galaxy vinyl)
• Emperor’s Return (Back on vinyl for the first time in 37 years. Green & black galaxy)
• Tragic Serenades (12” EP on pink and black swirl vinyl)
• I Won’t Dance (12” EP, back on vinyl for the first time in 35 years. White & black swirl vinyl)
• The Collector’s Celtic Frost (12” single, back on vinyl for the first time in 35 years. Marble vinyl with silk screen print on Side B)
• Visual Aggression (7” single with new artwork and on grey vinyl)
• Grave Hill Bunker Rehearsals (Four track rehearsal demo cassette from 1984)
• 12” x 12” 40 page book of brand new interviews with founding member Tom G Warrior and drummer Reed St Mark. Contains rare and previously unseen photos from the era.
• ‘Heptagram’ figurine USB drive containing MP3 audio of all the albums, including bonus tracks. • Two sided, A2 poster.
• ‘Necromaniac Union’ fan club enamel badge. • ‘Danse Macabre’ sew on woven patch.