v/a - The golden age of american popular music; More country hits
A new “Golden Age” collection is always a special event at Ace. The success of our first Special Country Edition in the “Golden Age Of American Popular Music” series virtually guaranteed that there would be a follow-up at some point. Here it is at long last, mastered from the best possible sources and with an equally strong line up of names and tracks.
Virtually all 28 of our featured artists were household names in country in their day, and the majority of them still are over 50 years later.
There’s a generous helping of uptempo hillbilly and borderline rockabilly among the straight ahead country to preserve the musical variety.
The booklet is crammed with in-depth annotation and copious illustrations with at least one image for every one of its 28 selections.
1. FOUR WALLS - Jim Reeves
2. CHIP OFF THE OLD BLOCK - Eddy Arnold
3. SEND ME THE PILLOW YOU DREAM ON - Hank
4. NORTH TO ALASKA - Johnny Horton
5. I GOT STRIPES - Johnny Cash
6. BACK TRACK - Faron Young
7. GO ON HOME - Patti Page
8. BLUE BLUE DAY - Don Gibson
9. BOPPIN’ THE BLUES - Carl Perkins
10. WHO SHOT SAM? - George Jones
11. THE AUCTIONEER - Leroy Van Dyke
12. MARY DON’T YOU WEEP - Stonewall Jackson
13. DARK MOON - Bonnie Guitar
14. ROCKIN’ ROLLIN’ OCEAN - Hank Snow
15. MY SHOES KEEP WALKING BACK TO YOU - Ray
16. JENNY LOU - Sonny James
17. BIG RIVER, BIG MAN - Claude King
18. I’M SAVING MY LOVE - Skeeter Davis
19. SOLDIER'S JOY - Hawkshaw Hawkins
20. 500 MILES AWAY FROM HOME - Bobby Bare
21. I DREAMED OF A HILL-BILLY HEAVEN - Tex Ritter
22. COWBOY BOOTS - Dave Dudley
23. 8 x 10 - Bill Anderson
24. LITTLE BLACK BOOK - Jimmy Dean
25. YOUR NAME IS BEAUTIFUL - Carl Smith
26. I’LL MAKE IT ALL UP TO YOU - Jerry Lee Lewis
27. THE WALTZ YOU SAVED FOR ME - Ferlin Husky
28. SINGING THE BLUES - Marty Robbinss Plus One